CT and OUT-OF-STATE Animals: All cattle, sheep and horses shall have a rabies vaccination given by a veterinarian at least 30 days prior to their first show date with a vaccination certificate signed by the veterinarian that gave the vaccination indicating the name of the vaccine and serial number. ALL SPECIES: Animals shall originate from herds or flocks that meet the testing and health requirements of the State of Connecticut and must be accompanied by health certificate and test charts.
Rules of Show
- No dogs allowed.
- Decisions of the judge and/or superintendent are final. DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON THE PART OF HORSE, RIDER, OR ANYONE WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM THE SHOW!
- Horses must have a current RABIES VACCINATION, which must have been administered no less than thirty days prior to the date of this event. A current (within one year) NEGATIVE COGGINS TEST is required. See Connecticut Fair and Show Regulations. RABIES and COGGINS must be verified by an Official before a horse is admitted to the ring.
- NO HORSES will be ridden in ANY AREA other than the designated warm-up area and show ring. ABSOLUTELY NO PEOPLE OTHER THAN THOSE ON HORSEBACK WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE WARM UP AREA!
- No stallions are allowed on the grounds, except for carriage classes.
- Red ribbons must be on the tails of kickers.
- Any class having fewer than four entries may be cancelled at the discretion of the show committee.
- Entry Fee: FREE for all pre-registrations. Post-entry fee of $25 per rider.
- Pre-registration must be received by August 23, 2019, 11:59 p.m. All information must be complete to qualify as a pre-registration. Preferred method to pre-register is online. www.terryvillefairhorseshow.com. Pre-registrations also accepted by email to email@example.com or U.S. Mail to Kathryn Malley, 174 Keegan Road, Plymouth, CT 06782. Questions by email or phone at 860-484-3121.
- Two persons per horse will be admitted free to the fairgrounds.
- A RIDER MAY NOT COMBINE THE POINTS OF MORE THAN ONE HORSE FOR ANY ONE CHAMPIONSHIP. (Separate numbers will be assigned for each horse).
- One Age Division per exhibitor only (Age Divisions as of January 1, current year).
- Trail Courses will be posted at both secretary booth and at ring gate.
- Proper attire, BOOTS AND HATS, must be worn (hardhats for English riders, with chin harness for jumping class!).
- Crops or unrowelled spurs option to rider. Martingales not allowed in any flat classes.
- Curb chains option to rider.
- ALL ENTRY FORMS MUST be signed by parent or legal guardian (if minor).
- THE TERRYVILLE FAIR, THE HORSE SHOW COMMITTEE AND ALL HORSE SHOW OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR ILLNESS THAT MAY OCCUR TO ANY ANIMALS, PERSONS OR PROPERTY, SHALL HOLD THEM HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THEM AGAINST ANY LEGAL PROCEEDINGS OR LIABILITIES FROM ANY SUCH ACCIDENT OR ILLNESS, OR LOSS OF PROPERTY.